Melmark New England
Contact InformationMelmark New England
Contact: Helena L. Maguire, Executive Director
Email Address: email@example.com
View Melmark New England Website
461 River Road Andover, MA 01810
Area Served: Northeast
Map Location Melmark New England
Melmark is a multi-state human services provider with premier private special education schools, professional development, training and research centers. Based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, Melmark was founded in 1966 when two devoted parents, Paul and Mildred Krentel, decided not to institutionalize their daughter Melissa who was born with Down syndrome. “The Home that Love Built” has grown to serve 1,000 children and adults and employ over 1,300 staff. In 1998, Melmark New England opened its doors in Andover, Massachusetts to further Melmark’s mission to enhance the lives of individuals with Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families by providing exceptional evidence-based and applied behavior analytic services to every individual, every day.
Melmark New England's Andover campus includes a day school and four children's residential homes. There are additional homes nearby in the community. Melmark's comprehensive educational and clinical, special education program includes:
- Full family participation in the planning and implementation of Individual Education Programs
- Quality education by designing a learning environment to fit the individual needs of each student
- Staffing complement of health, physical and neurobehavioral services
- Enriched teacher to student ratios
Melmark New England’s day school operates 237 days per year, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., on a 12 month schedule. Nearby community homes make up the residential component of the Residential/Education program.
Melmark's outreach consultation department provides program design assistance to public school personnel and to families. Home-based support and assessments are also provided by the consultation department. Such support enables a child to stay at home and be served in his/her public school. Also, consultation support is rendered after residential placement to facilitate a successful transition back to the home and public school.
- Group Homes
- Schools - Day
- Schools - Residential
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Case Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum
- Behavior Disorder
- Brain/Head Injury
- Developmental Disability
- 3 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 9 - 13
- 14 - 18
- 19 - 22
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Restrooms
- Latex Free Environment
- Mercury Free Environment
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Accredited By: Approved by the MA DESE as a Chapter 766 resource.
- Licensed By: Melmark New England's day school and residential, educational program are licensed by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE); Melmark New England's residential program is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC).